Sustainable Seafood Day is a series of meals featuring seafood sourced from Sea to Table.
Sea to Table partners with local fishermen from small-scale sustainable wild fisheries, finding better markets for their catch. Delivering overnight direct from the dock, creating a direct connection from fisherman to chef.
There's a growing awareness of responsible sourcing in higher-education dining services. Sea to Table provides a "farm to table" approach to seafood, providing a direct, transparent connection to the fishermen who caught your fish.
We are excited to partner with Sea to Table to bring fresh, sustainable fish to Appstate.
Date: Thursday, April 13
Time: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Location: Homestyle Classics in Rivers Street Cafe
while supplies last / items priced individually
- Muscles and Redfish Bouillabaisse | Sustainably sourced from Narraganset, Rhode Island & New Bedford, Massachusetts
- Skate with Tarragon Mushroom | Sustainably sourced from New Bedford, Massachusetts
About Sea to Table
Sea to Table provides a “farm to table” approach to seafood, providing a direct, transparent connection to the fishermen who caught your fish.
Sea to Table believes in:
- Healthy, sustainable fisheries – We seek out individual fishermen all over the country who practice sustainable fishing methods and target species with strong and healthy stocks.
- Supporting traditional fishing communities – It's not just about the fish. By directly connecting fishermen to the market, we're supporting the economies and communities of our traditional working waterfronts.
- Direct, transparent connection to the source – Because we believe that you shouldn't buy fish from strangers.
- Delicious fish – Wild fish just tastes better, and is better for you.