During the 2015-2016 academic year, we conducted 26 tours, including tours open to the public as well as private tours for classes, departments, clubs, campus resident assistants and the Chancellor's office. Learn more about how we are Spreading Awareness through Behind the Scenes Tours.
Interested? Go behind the scenes with Food Services!
Learn how being self-operated makes Appalachian Food Services “local” in every sense of the word. Participants will see our operation from the storeroom to the dining room and will:
- Learn about ordering, delivery and food preparation at an institution the size of Appalachian
- Discover the number of meals we serve each day
- Visit our meat cutting room, vegetable prep room and the Bake Shop
- Learn about our sustainability and local food initiatives
Three public tours are scheduled for the Spring 2017 semester:
- Thursday, January 26 / 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Friday, February 17 / 1-2 p.m.
- Monday, March 6 / 10-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 4 / 2:30-3:30 p.m.
The tour lasts approximately 1 hour and is limited to the first 20 participants. First come, first served.
Interested persons should meet under the Recycled Aluminum Spoon in the Roess Dining Hall.
Interested in a private tour for a group or a class, please contact us to arrange a date and time.