Appalachian Food Services offers a wide range of catering services to meet the needs of the campus community. We are pleased to accept orders from customers affiliated with Appalachian State University (faculty, staff, alumni, students and parents).
The Catering department is located in the Roess Dining Hall. We are equipped to cater events large and small in your department, at the Plemmons Student Union or anywhere else on campus.
One of our Catering Coordinators will be pleased to assist you in working out all the details of your function. Furthermore, we have a chef on staff who is able to assist in planning special events.
The following information is provided to help you plan your special event. Our Food Services Catering Coordinator and our Chef-on-Staff can help plan a menu designed to fit your needs. Contact us today to make arrangements for your next campus event.
Placing An Order
The Catering Office is open from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. We can be reached by phone or email:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 828-262-8011 or 828-262-6143
We request a two week notice to ensure that your event is successful and well organized.
- Minimum notice to place an order: 72 business hours
- Weekend orders must be placed by Tuesday at 5:00 pm
- Monday orders must be placed by Wednesday at 5:00 pm
- A confirmation of the number attending is required 72 business hours prior to the scheduled event
Changes & Cancellations
We understand that sometimes events have to be changed or cancelled.
- Minimum notice to change items on an order: 72 business hours
- Minimum notice to cancel an event: 72 business hours
- Cancellations with less than 72 business hours notice will result in a 50% charge of all costs, unless a cancellation is due to extenuating circumstances such as the university being closed due to inclement weather.
*Photo credit Heather Brandon.
We ask that you take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our Catering Policies. This information is intended to assist you in planning a successful event and familiarize you with our services.
Our Catering Menu contains the most up-to-date information to help with the planning of your event. Much of what is offered by our catering department is listed here. However, please keep in mind this is merely a guide. Other items are available. Our Food Services Catering Coordinator can help you plan a menu designed to fit your needs.